Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sausage Bread - Homemade By Jim

Our kitchen is a Working Kitchen, and today, Jim made homemade Italian Sausage Bread.  It was his very first attempt.  We both have fond memories of our early years in our marriage, and we would have sausage bread, along with some other wonderful things from the neighborhood Italian Deli.

This recipe come from the Blog:  Proud Italian Cook.  Marie writes at her site:

"This recipe connects me to my childhood, I remember my mom use to make this for special holidays and occasions. When I was a kid I thought making this was such a big ordeal, but when I got married and started making it on my own I realized just how simple it was to put together."


I loved munching away on Sunday's with our friend, on all these wonderful foods.  Here's a picture of Jim's Bread.  I am so proud of him!!









Marie writes in her post:  "You’ll also need the best Italian sausage you can find, I like using hot, it adds so much flavor and honestly rolled up in all that bread dough you can hardly taste the heat."    We used some great Italian Sausage that we purchased from a site called Goldbely.com.  We chose some sausage from Esposito's Sausage, in NYC.  Hand made since 1933.  It is really really good.  So there you go.  The link to this recipe is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...