Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Cape Cod Chopped Salad

I made this recipe today.  It is from the Barefoot Contessa Back To Basics Cookbook.
From the Cookbook, an excerpt:
Make this autumn salad just when you feel like eating apples and Roquefort cheese.  I added toasted walnuts for the crunch, and orange juice and maple syrup in the dressing add a touch of sweetness.

For copyright issues, the link to this recipe is:  http://www.barefootcontessa.com/recipes.aspx?CookbookID=31

Here is my photo (I should have turned the Salmon over to display the grill marks, this top side was where I removed the skin.)  Today, I did not make the dressing from the recipe.  But I will make it another time.  



I used Artisan Lettuce instead of the baby argula:

A bag of dried cranberry's and half of a Granny Smith apple, some blue cheese and I toasted the walnuts (in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, tossing alot, until lightly browned.  
For the dressing I used:


I will be making this recipe again (I'll use the other half of that salmon I grilled for tomorrow's salad!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...