Sunday, November 29, 2020

Monkey Soup

I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot for 8 hours.  Let it cool and deboned it.  I'm going to use the Campbell's Skillet Sauces, and use 1/2 breast for each pouch.  I used the drumsticks and thighs to make my Monkey Soup.  No idea why the woman at the bake sale named it that, and you won't find it on the internet with that title.  But it is so easy, and tasty.  This time I used Picante Sauce instead of Salsa and it was really delicious.  I also added some fresh sliced Portabella mushrooms.  The Bisquick pouches come in so handy, as you only add water.  I cut this recipe in half.  




Monkey Soup (Slow Cooker)

1 Rotterserie Chicken
1 jar Salsa 
1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 pkg. frozen corn
32 oz. chicken broth.

Cook 3-4 hours on high.



No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...