Monday, June 8, 2020

Orzo Salad

Here's my first recipe in my re-invented Blog.  Due to my few physical limitations ("malabsorption" and a gallbladder that isn't functioning), all of my recipes will be low-fat.
This is a go-to salad for me.  I make it twice a month.



Orzo Salad
1 tsp salt
8 oz uncooked orzo
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
3 TBS olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 C diced fennel
1/2 C chopped raddish
1/2 C chopped kalamata olives
1/2 C diced sundried tomatoes

Cook orzo with 1 tsp salt.  Drain well.  Don't rinse.  Combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard & pepper.
Stir into orzo w/olives, sundried tomatoes, fennel & radishes.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Top w/toasted pine nuts (I toast the pine nuts when I have a serving of this, in my toaster oven.  Don't put them on all at once).



No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...