Saturday, October 31, 2020

Backyard Beauties

Audubon Society sent me an email of the 15 most popular birds and some info on them.  I picked these three pictures out because they really are beauties!  The Nuthatch below was cute, especially because one of their interesting behaviors is their habit of clinging upside down on tree trunks and limbs... 😀 

In addition to these pictures I'm sharing this heartwarming story of a woman who followed her heart.  I've always wanted to see a Condor.  It's on my bucket list. 

 Jan Hamber defied the norms of her time, helped save the California Condor, and at age 90 is still blazing a trail for other women scientists.

https://www.audubon.org/magazine/fall-2020/this-bird-lives-because-she-never-quit





No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...