Monday, November 19, 2012

déjà vu

Last year when we stayed at the New Green Acres RV Park, for one night, the guy next to us had a leak in a water pipe. He was from New Hampshire. He called a local guy. This year, when we pull into the New Green Acres RV Park, we find we have a split water pipe and a cracked fitting. Jim just happened to have the card from the man a year ago that helped our neighbor. Jim calls him, and related the story of last year to him. He remembered him! He will be here tomorrow morning at 8:30. So, we have no water in the meantime. Camping in its truest form.

4 comments:

  1. It's been one thing after another! At least you had the card. I hope the repairs are made quickly and cheaply. At least it won't be in the 30s tonight, and what beautiful park! The trees are just lovely. I'll bet Tucker is enjoying his walks. Meemur

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly has Meem. And tonight I am going to bed early. Tomorrow I'll shower here at the Campground if I don't have water.
    Tucker really likes this place. I put the new mat outside and he laid right down, very comfortable. Tomorrow, we'll set out a few chairs and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have water today? I've had to drag my share of buckets around and take sink baths. It gets old, fast. ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we have water. The repairman came by at 9:00 am yesterday. The campgrounds all have showers, and I did take one at this Campground last year. When I entered the bathroom this year a flying beatle type bug fell down from the entrance and landed right in front of me...I didn't feel up to using their showers this year so, like you've done, I took a sink bath.

    ReplyDelete

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...