Friday, March 2, 2012

That was impressive...he said. Never again...she said.

So we are going around the area on our Scooters today. We stop at the Chamber of Commerce, and find out there is a Walmart about 3 miles up the road. Now, Rt. 1 is a four lane road, with a divider, 2 lanes each way. We are going along about 35 (speed limit is 45) and Jim moves into the left lane, as I spot Walmart ahead on the left. I look in my rear-view mirror, and I'm not as lucky. I'm driving along, as these cars pass me, and I slow down, which makes more cars move over to the left lane to pass me. I finally get in the left lane and catch up to Jim. He's in a left turn lane, in front of St. Sebastian's Church. I think he is going to take the left...pull into the Church, and come back out and go...oh no...not Jim....He pulls a U-turn. He's got the Scooter angled down to a foot from the ground, and I am right behind him, quickly realizing we are NOT pulling into their driving...I see a gully...and oncoming cars...and now I'VE GOT THE SCOOTER DOWN TO A FOOT FROM THE ROAD.
We get to the Walmart, and we're taking off our helmet's. He says..."that was quite impressive back there...but I really should not have done that". I said, "no you should not have. And I will never do that AGAIN".....and we walk into the Walmart....where I almost knocked a man on his butt, because I had a backpack on, that has wheels, and a handle, like a rolling piece of luggage...yeah...and I backed up, right into him....he was about 5.4 and I was very apologetic.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...