Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pigged Out in Richmond

I crawled into bed to watch TV for the night.  The channel on, after Jim set up the TV's to the Campground Cable, was the Travel Channel.  Normally, I would have switched it...but  I watched ... as the episode was about BBQ Ribs.  Well, they talked of the seasoning, the preparation, and the cooking and by now I was really captivated...and when they said "...located in Richmond"...I sat up.  It was a place called "Buz and Ned's" and apparently was reviewed as being one of the very best rib shacks across the Country.  So I stumbled into the living room, pulled out the computer and put them in my google map.  A few keystrokes later, and I found out they were only 12 miles from the Campground we were going to, and better yet, only 16 minutes away!!!

We went there today for a late lunch.  We pigged out and I don't think we'll be eating dinner....it was marvelous.  We order the appetizer Shrimp on a stick, wrapped in bacon.  You get 3 and the shrimp were juicy, and the bacon was crispy.  Delish!  Then, I order the half meal, with Pork Baby Back Ribs, and Jim got the same with Beef Ribs.  

It is not much to look at, and the tent in front of the building obscures the premises.  It is small inside and the mural on the outside wall, actually depicts the interior better than my camera could.

Buz and Ned's Real Barbeque
2 locations in Richmond:
1119 N. Blvd
Richmond, VA
(804) 355-6055

8205 W. Broad St.
Richmond, VA  (804) 346-4227

Website:  http://buzandneds.com/

They appeared on Food Network, Bobby Flay's "Throwdown":
Buz thinks he has been picked to teach the tricks of the trade for a new Food Network special called BBQ 101 . What Buz doesn t know is that Chef Bobby Flay is showing up to teach a little lesson called Throwdown! Bobby s betting his Asian-inspired spare ribs scores top marks over Buz s barbequed beauties and it s up to the judges to decide who gets to move to the head of the class.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/bbq-spare-ribs/index.html 

And they were on the Travel Channel, as I mentioned.
Adam learns the technique and history behind Buz Grossberg's smoked ribs. 

Here's our pictures from today:



Mural on outside wall of bldg.

That's the outside tent attached to entrance

Here's to FUN!

Jim piggin out after 6 hours of driving

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Glad that worked out for you. It also looks like it's a lot warmer than PA. (: Meemur

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was warmer. And, we didn't even put our heat on last night. We just have the heat from the fireplace. Those were the best baked beans I think I have ever had in my life. WOW!!! And those were the best Hush Puppies.

    ReplyDelete

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...