Thursday, November 5, 2020

Chicken Marsala For One





I really like Chicken Marsala and don't get out to restaurants enough to get my fix.  So I make my own at home. I went into the Liquor Store up here in Saratoga Springs, and asked for a good cooking Sherry.  A very large shop, with a very large variety.  He directed me to the area for Sherry and he specified this brand:

 

And when I make a dish that has wine incorporated, I always go the extra yard and spend a little bit more.  I believe this is what makes this dish so good.  You do not want to use the Cooking Sherry from the Market...

Look at the list of ingredients. No good!!



Chicken Marsala for One



flour to coat 
salt & pepper 
1/8 tsp. oregano 
1 boneless Chicken Breast -pounded 1/4"thick 
1 TBS butter 
 1 TBS Olive Oil 
1/8 C Marsala Wine 
1/16 C Cooking Sherry Wine 

Mix flour, salt & pepper & oregano. Coat chicken. Melt butter & oil, lightly brown chicken, turn over, brown 1 minute more. Pour in Marsala wine & Sherry. Cover, simmer 10 minutes, turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...