Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grover's Bad Awful Day

Kelly & Mike probably remember this book...
Photobucket
Our day started out normally. We passed scene's like this...

The road went on endlessly, in two lanes with a median...

Then, my camera started acting up, and my pictures looked like this:

We passed this, I don't know what it was...I was just grateful the camera cooperated...

Shortly thereafter, the road had construction. They tore up one side -- so long ago that weeds were growing...stimulus money run out?

We arrived at our designated Campground...Rondee's

This was the best picture I could post. Truly the most run down RV parking lots I've seen/been in...

They did not have 50 amp, like they advertised. My washing machine was blinking all lights, Jim immediately did not trust their 30 amp hook-ups. We went to Generator. The clientele was not the kind you wanted yelling at you at 12 midnight to turn off your Generator, so we started looking for another campsite...
Photobucket
Photobucket


We were referred to Hill's RV Park. New owners. The place is virtually empty. Maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow before we leave. Basically a house/office and a parking lot. And a pool. That's it. And our rig is still not taking in the 50 amps it should be. We figure South Dakota just doesn't have any power....explains all those windmills we passed along the way....

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's a huge drag! I hope tomorrow is a lot better! Meemur

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really stinks when you run into parks like that. We have had a few of them. I hope things get better for you. The bumps make you appreciate the good stuff that much more. Happy Travels.

    ReplyDelete

4 Dishes from the Pacific Rim

These recipes are from the book Pacific Light Cooking, by Ruth Law.  They are carefully crafted recipes that are light.  Nutritional data is...